SAM ALLARDYCE has been sacked by Everton after just six months – after a fiery meeting where he accused the club of hanging him out to dry and being run badly.
Former England boss Allardyce was summoned to meet owner Moshiri this morning and was told he is no longer wanted at Goodison Park.
It was revealed on Sunday how Allardyce would be dumped this week despite leading them to a sixth place finish.
The 63-year-old gave Moshiri both barrels when he was summoned to be axed in London this morning.
Allardyce stuck to his guns and accused the owner and his Goodison Park board of failing to give him any backing during his six months in charge.
He also criticised the way the club was being run and heated exchanges between the pair.
Sam was left fuming last night when Everton announced major restructuring at boardroom level without informing him and his staff.
Denise Barrett-Baxendale was appointed as the club’s new chief executive in a move Allardyce and his team had no knowledge of.
And in an ironic final twist of the knife, it was newly-appointed Barrett-Baxendale who released the statement confirming his fate.
She said: “On behalf of the Chairman, Board of Directors and Mr Moshiri, I’d like to thank Sam for the job he has done at Everton over the last seven months.
“Sam was brought in at a challenging time last season to provide us with some stability and we are grateful to him for doing that.
Denise Barrett-Baxendale was appointed new chief executive last night – and her first action was to release the statement confirming Allardyce had been sacked
“Again, we’d like to place on record our sincere thanks to Sam for his work with us over the last few months and wish him well for the future.”
Allardyce was attending the League Manager’s Association awards dinner when the news broke, and none of the Everton group at the bash had any clue what was happening.
He said: “I’m shocked, disappointed and disgusted that the football club didn’t have the decency to tell me, my Director of Football and my staff about the changes.
“I came into the football club with the team struggling and we have finished 8th in the table. I’m more than happy with what myself, my staff and the players have achieved from when I came in.
The Toffees supporters have never taken to the former Bolton and West Ham boss and have been calling loudly for him to be sacked.
Source: The Sun